Black Hills Pride
Black Hills Center for Equality is proud to announce the location for Black Hills Pride 2017, Memorial Park in Rapid City, SD. We hope you will celebrate Pride with us at our new festival home. From starting quietly in the 1980’s we now anticipate 1500+ attendees and their pets to shop, eat, be entertained at our fun-filled annual festival. This is BCHFE’s biggest event of the year bringing the LGBT community and its allies together in celebration.
The festivities in the park will start at 10:00 a.m. and wrap up at 4 p.m. We will have entertainment, 50+ vendors and four food trucks.
We recommend staying at the Best Western Ramkota hotel (2111 N Lacrosse St, Rapid City, SD 57701)
- the location of the official Black Hills Pride after party. Call (605) 343-8550 and ask for the Black Hills Pride 2017 discount
- LGBT friendly coffee places: Harriet and Oak, Dunn Bros – Rapid City, Starbucks
- LGBT friendly bars: Press Start arcade bar, the Brass Rail
- LGBT friendly worship places: Black Hills Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, Agape Spiritual Center of the Black Hills, Saint Andrews Episcopal Church, Unity of the Black Hills, South Park United Church of Christ, Canyon Lake United Methodist Church, South Maple United Methodist Church
Directions to Memorial Park from Best Western Ramkota:
Date: Saturday July 8th, 2017 from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Location: Memorial Park Rapid City, SD
Setup: Saturday, July 8th 2017 starting at 6:30 a.m
Booth Fees: Non-profit fee $35 Retail / Informational $50
Add-Ons: Table & two chairs $10.00 Electricity $5.00
- Booth fees are Non-Refundable
- Booths are available on a first come first serve basis
- Total vendor booth payment due in advance. Payment will NOT be accepted the day of the event
- Vendor application deadline Thursday July 1st, 2017 (we are no longer accepting any new applications)
- We are not responsible for any damages to your property or for lost or stolen items
- Your booth must be occupied at all times
- No weapons, alcohol or illegal narcotics allowed
- Set up time starts Saturday, July 8th, 2017 at 6:30 a.m.
- Abide by other policies in the Vendor Information Guide
- Spaces will fix a standard 10×10 vendor canopy and an 8 ft table
- All tent or canopies used by Vendors must be fire-proofed per the Rapid City Fire Chief
- All applications must be signed to be accepted
We are looking to lock in vendors. Get your application in as soon as possible to secure your spot. Fill out the application below and email vendor coordinator Sarah Keppen email@example.com to confirm your spot.
Vendor Application (Click the link to open the vendor application)
Note: If you are mailing in your vendor application please email Sarah Keppen at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm we received your application.
Black Hills Pride 2017 performers, please work with entertainment chair Pam Roes to get the below application filled out. We need your contact information on file for emergencies.
Performer Application (Click the link to open the performer application)
Festival in the Park: Saturday July 8TH, 2017 from 10:00 – 4 :00 p.m.
Location: Memorial Park Rapid City, SD
Setup: Saturday, July 8th from 6:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Tear Down: Saturday, July 8th from 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Pride Dance: July 8th, 2017 from 8:00 p.m. – 1:00 a.m.
Dance Setup: July 8th, 2017 from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Volunteers are the backbone of the Black Hills Center for Equality. Join our awesome team for a fun-filled day celebrating with your friends, family, and new friends. Please fill out our application below if you wish to volunteer at Black Hills Pride 2017.
We will need volunteers to help with the following areas:
– General Help
– Set Up
– Vendor/Volunteer Check- in
– Tear Down and Clean up
– The official Pride store
– PRIDE After Party Set Up and Tear Down
– Marketing (in advance)
– Other duties as needed