Black Hills Pride
Save the Date: Black Hills Center for Equality is proud to announce Saturday, July 14th 2018 as the date for Black Hills Pride 2018. Festival location, hours, and other details coming soon! From starting quietly in the 1980’s we now anticipate 2000+ attendees and their pets to shop, eat, be entertained at our fun-filled 7th annual Pride festival. This is BCHFE’s biggest event of the year bringing the LGBT community and its allies together in celebration.
Black Hills Pride Committee 2018:
Are you interested in making Black Hills Pride 2018 the best Pride yet? If so, we want YOU to be on our Pride planning committee. The Black Hills Pride 2018 planning kick-off meeting will be Friday, November 10th at 8 p.m. at the Dahl Arts Center. If you cannot make this meeting but are interested in joining the Black Hills Pride planning committee please email Vice President Sarah Keppen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rapid City Visitor Information:
We recommend staying at the Holiday Inn Rapid City Rushmore Plaza hotel 505 N 5th St, Rapid City, SD 57701. They will be one of our partners for Black Hills Pride 2018. Please stay tuned for details!
- LGBT friendly coffee places: Harriet and Oak, Dunn Bros – Rapid City, Starbucks
- LGBT friendly bars: Press Start arcade bar, the Brass Rail
- LGBT friendly worship places: Black Hills Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, Agape Spiritual Center of the Black Hills, Saint Andrews Episcopal Church, Unity of the Black Hills, South Park United Church of Christ, Canyon Lake United Methodist Church, South Maple United Methodist Church
Are you interested in performing at Black Hills Pride 2018? Performer application process coming soon.
Volunteer information coming soon. In the meantime fill out the volunteer application below if you are interested in volunteering.
We will need volunteers to help with the following areas:
– General Help
– Set Up
– Vendor/Volunteer Check- in
– Tear Down and Clean up
– The official Pride store
– PRIDE After Party Set Up and Tear Down
– Marketing (in advance)
– Other duties as needed